Sunday, April 29, 2012

recslikewhoa: Drastically Redefining Protocol, Arthur/Merlin



http://recslikewhoa.livejournal.com/290282.html



Drastically Redefining Protocol by rageprufrock, NC-17 In which Prince Arthur meets Merlin and all hell breaks lose. I have been meaning to read this since I saw the fanvid trailer and loved it, but I wanted to wait until it was finished. I am happy I did, I can't imagine being stuck at any point of the story and being willing to wait for more. It was enthralling, I was highly entertained and highly enchanted with the world created. I would of probably preferred that Merlin wasn't magical at all, and I thought the relationship developed very quickly but beyond that I loved pretty much everything about it. The text messages to Morgana throwing her shoes at Arthur. Uther was pretty awesome too. Very nicely done graphics that went with the story as well, made it just that much more interesting. And before the intercom cut out, Arthur swore he heard a woman say, "Oh for goodness sake! He is not bringing dogs to rape you!" but reconsidered since it was absurd, and pulled open the door to the building when the buzz tripped the lock. Merlin apparently lived on the sixth floor in a building without an elevator, and Arthur thought that he had to be the stupidest doctor in all of England. When he was staggering up the last flight, he heard a door open and Merlin call out, down the dimly lit hall and say, "Hello? Do you really work for the prince? Because I already apologized." Arthur lifted his head and glowered. "Oh, fuck," Merlin said, face collapsing in despair as he asked, "Where are the dogs? Are they downstairs in some van?"

No comments:

Post a Comment